AHEM, attention content writers..
If a picture is worth a thousand words, how many is a video worth? The answer…
TWO MILLION WORDS (in a 1 minute video)
Images play a huge part in the travel industry, after all, what drives you to go somewhere more than an incredible picture that you’ve seen where you mentally add the place to your ever growing bucket list!
If a picture first entices you, think how much more a video would motivate you to go and make that trip happen! Video has the power to see so much more in a shorter time frame and really experience a place.
Picture this… live streaming, from ANY location, to see what the place is really like! What you could eat, see, do and discover! Technology has allowed us to take that next step and gifted us with live streaming.
This fantastic article by Rebekah Radice explains the most overlooked (but simple) ways to use live streaming video to your businesses advantage, allowing you to connect with your audience on another level, you can’t go wrong with these stats!
- online video viewing = 50% of all mobile traffic
- video drives 157% increase in organic traffic from search engines
- 90% of online shoppers said they find retailer videos helpful when making buying decisions.
There are many different platforms off which to live stream but choosing one will depend on your target audience and your goals you wish to achieve whilst streaming. Some quite popular ones being periscope (owned by twitter), Meerkat, Facebook live and snapchat. For example, snapchats main audience is aged under 25.
The travel industry has had huge success with snapchat, especially with “festival followers”. Take Drew Binksy who has over 35,000 followers over his social media accounts and uses snapchat to live stream music festivals from around the world. Someone like Drew has huge potential for travel businesses to sponsor/partner with him and gain a whole new set of customers (influencer marketing-read more about this here).
In the article she also talks about some other ways to use live streaming to benefit your business such as:
- Creating an interview series- to contribute to your brand story/image and make it feel more personal.
- Giving a sneak peak-on up and coming promotions, specials or sharing big news for the business to gain hype and momentum.
- Live stream events in real time-make everyone feel like they are THERE at the travel expo hanging out with you at your businesses booth meeting people. Facebook live is perfect for this.
All of these things contribute to customer engagement! An engaged customer is going to BUY more frequently, SPEND more in one transaction and BECOME more loyal to your brand, the value of this being priceless!
If your still not convinced live streaming can benefit your business here are some other articles to have a read of: